IFIM Business School is one of the premier management institutes in India. This Bengaluru situated college is known for offering the two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programme pertaining to specializations like Data Science, Finance and International Business. As of 2020, the college is amongst the top six business schools that have received the AACSB accreditation. The prominence of IFIM is a consequence of an updated curriculum, renowned academicians, excellent industry-ties and even better placements. Besides, great infrastructure, high-quality education and sound administration further strengthen the institution’s status as a conspicuous destination for business and management studies.
IFIM Admissions 2020 for full-time programs
The IFIM Business School is always on the look to associate with intellectual, ambitious, passionate and curious minds. These personality traits ideally align with the culture that the college sustains.
The institution offers a two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) as a full-time program.
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree from a nationally recognized university with an aggregate score equal to or more than 50%. For SC or ST candidates, the aggregate score should be equal to or more than 45%.
- Candidates must have appeared and should possess a valid score in one of the national-level management entrance examinations:
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) candidates with level 1 clearance are allowed for admission and will be given the preference specifically for the Finance specialization of the PGDM program.
PGDM is the flagship program of IFIM Business School, and therefore, the institution principally concentrates on its admission procedure. The procedure is based on gathering knowledge about the candidate’s innovative potential, academic performance, work experience, intellect and passion for business and management. The following admission process is followed for the selection of candidates for the PGDM program offered in Bangalore.
- Innovation Potential Test (IPT): This 30-minute test is specifically designed to test the innovation potential of the candidates. The test requires them to answer a diverse set of MCQs as well as subjective questions.
- Group Exercise (GE): This 20-minute group exercise is carried out to analyze the problem-solving ability of the candidates. For this, the candidates are segregated in groups sizes of six, seven and eight and presented with a problem. The candidates are then required to provide a feasible solution to the problem while working with the team.
- Personal Interview (PI): This 30-minute interview is one of the essential processes for identifying the personality traits of the candidate. With this interview, the three-men judging panel decides whether the candidate is a value fit for the institution or not. Besides, this round presents an equal opportunity to the candidate to ideally represent her/him and prove to the panellists about her/his stance.
- Academic Track Record: This step concentrates on the analysis of the academic record of the candidates dating back to when they studied in the tenth grade. IFIM Business School firmly believes in sound academic performance, and therefore, this round is aligned towards measuring academic consistency.
- Work Experience (if any): Like most of the top institutions of the country, IFIM Business School prefers the students with prior working experience in the organizational sector. IFIM believes that students with work experience are likely to instil the classrooms with a learning and professional environment.
The institute makes the application form available on its website. The candidates looking to apply for the PGDM programme in 2020 are required to register online. Follow these steps to complete your application:
- Open the website and then press the link for the IFIM PGDM Admission 2020.
- A login page will pop up. Register as a new user and fill in the required details. Once done, press “Save and Continue” to proceed.
- After you press “Save and continue,” the screen will start displaying your user id.
- After a while (Within minutes), you’ll receive an email comprising the user id and password. Use these credentials to log in to the IFIM Business School portal.
- Upon entering the portal, you will be required to fill additional details concerning your education and work experience. You can also edit the personal information that you previously filled.
- Proceed to the next step for making the payment of INR 2000. The payment portal will allow you to choose between online (credit/debit card), and offline (demand draft) payment methods. Choose a viable method and complete your application.
Note: The application fee can be paid in person at the college’s payment counter as well.
IFIM Admissions 2020 for Executive Education Programs
IFIM Business School offers the following executive education programs:
- PGDM for Working Professionals
- PGCP in Global Financial Markets by NSE
- Ph. D Program in Management
Admission procedure for PGDM
This course is specially designed for working individuals like HRs and corporate decision makers. The admission depends upon these attributes:
- Excellent Academic performance
- Good communication skills
- Equal to or more than five years of industry experience
If the candidates fulfil the eligibility criteria, they are called for the personal interview.
Admission procedure for PGCP in Global Financial Markets by NSE
Everything is similar to PGDM except for the fact that candidates with a minimum of three years of work experience or above are eligible for this course.
Admission procedure for Ph. D program
IFIM Business School offers Phd program in association with the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. The admission procedure for the same is given below:
- Download the application form from the VTU’s site.
- Upon filling the details, visit the IFIM in Phase 1 Electronic City for discussing the proceedings with the faculty-guide.
- In addition to the application form, the candidate is required to describe in writing about the research topic he or she wishes to opt for.
- Upon submitting the application form, the candidate should be presented with an aptitude test.
Check out the admission process, eligibility of IFIM Business School at